• Mon. Aug 15th, 2022

Bloogify

See Whats Happening In Nigeria Right Now

Prince Harry files his second lawsuit against UK government and Scotland Yard over decision to ban him from paying for police protection in Britain

Bybloogify

Aug 4, 2022

Prince Harry has filed a second lawsuit against the British government and Scotland Yard over the decision not to allow him to pay for police protection when he visits from California.


The Duke of Sussex previously sued the Home Office over its decision in 2020 to remove his taxpayer-funded protection, which he says makes it unsafe for him to come to Britain with his wife, Meghan Markle, and two children, Archie and Lilibet.


According to Mail Online, he has filed a second lawsuit against the Home Office which also names the Metropolitan Police.

‘It is at an early stage, no hearings have been listed yet and no decisions have been made,’ the Judicial Office added.

The report said the new case will focus on a decision in January by the Royalty and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC), which concluded that private individuals should not be allowed to pay for police to protect them.


The revelation of a second court case, which emerged on Meghan’s birthday, threatens to raise tensions with the Royal Family due to claims that the Queen’s Private Secretary, Sir Edward Young, was involved in the decision to deny Harry protection.


‘Significant tensions’ are said to have existed between the Duke of Sussex and Sir Edward, according to the prince’s legal team.


The Duke, 37, has been taking legal action against the department after being told he would no longer be given the ‘same degree’ of personal protective security when visiting from the US.


His representatives have previously told of how he wants to bring his family to visit from the US, but that they are ‘unable to return to his home’ because it is too dangerous.

 10 total views,  1 views today

Facebook Comments